Sherwood Point Lighthouse, was completed in 1883. The square, thirty-five-foot brick tower is attached to the residence. The light is automated. This was the last lighthouse on the Great Lakes with a full time staff, and wasn't automated until 1983. The fourth-order Fresnel lens produces a light seen from up to eighteen miles away. There is a small pyramidal fog-signal building that stands near the tower. Because the lighthouse is off-limits to the public, it is best viewed from the water.